NATRX ADAPTIVE INFRASTRUCTURE
Over 50% of the world’s population and $100 trillion in assets are directly exposed to risk from erosion, storm surge, and sea level rise.
Meanwhile, traditional mitigation methods are expensive and ecologically damaging. It’s time for a new approach.
We deliver high-performance, advanced resilience technologies that enable natural systems to protect climate-exposed assets at scale. Our approach is cost-effective, installs safely and efficiently, and delivers a host of positive habitat and social benefits.
Our digital-first platform allows for a data-led, iterative approach to creating site and habitat specific, nature-based infrastructure solutions.
Our approach is comprised of intelligent digital technologies and smaller, custom installations that are easier to afford, permit, and build. This iterative approach provides you the opportunity to monitor and capture the benefits of adaptive habitat growth over time.
Identify threats and opportunities. Using our SatTech technology we assess the most pressing challenge areas in your location.
Using data gathered from our SatTech analysis and other location-specific research, we design ExoForm custom to the project's habitat, climate, and goals.
Site-specific ExoForm modules are formed using our patented DryForming manufacturing process.
We work with installation partners to deploy ExoForms on your location quickly and safely.
Using our SatTech analysis we measure, report, and quantify the project's performance.
Our patented Dry Forming™ technology provides the ability to move from digital design to physical ExoForm™ structure within hours. Dry Forming enables the unprecedented ability to optimize and deliver ExoForms™ at scale.
Efficiently mass manufactured with patented digital manufacturing platform
7x faster production than additive printing techniques and lower cost than traditional product (e.g. rock, riprap, concrete) implementations
Void design tailored to ensure local habitat thrives
Up to 80% reduction in carbon footprint vs. traditional products
Approximately 1/10th the weight of traditional materials meaning a safer, more efficient, habitat-positive install.
FINANCIAL BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
1. Lower Up-Front Costs: Our technology-enabled approach provides habitat-positive resilience and stakeholder engagement
2. Improved Cash Flow Profile: Start sooner and spend less incrementally versus large, single-project CAPEX approaches
3. Free Labor: Get free protective mass from habitat growth. Achieve your goals at dramatically lower material, energy, carbon, and financial costs
4. Reduced Budget Bloat: Timing of delivery with enhanced insight into your asset-based risk helps avoid over-spec, over-spend, and out-of-control budgets
5. Capital Appreciation: A resilient, habitat-rich waterfront zone can provide capital appreciation and reduce risk of write-downs from extreme weather events
ECOLOGICAL BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
1. Customize Your Implementation: Accommodate the growth of specific local species rather than blocking them out
2. Reduce Material Usage: Our digital platform creates custom solutions that weigh a fraction of traditional methods, incorporate the natural habitat into the solution, and require the use of far less energy to deploy
3. Minimize Environmental Impact From Heavy Equipment: Natrx solutions are designed to require far lighter and safer construction equipment than traditional methods (dredges, barges, cranes, etc.)
4. Learn Over Time: Our incremental implementation provides continuous data for learning, adapting, and strengthening over time—ensuring habitat restoration and contribution to the scientific record
Our process is designed to deliver high-performance resilience solutions in a wide range of habitats and locations. Each solution is custom and starts with a few simple questions. Get in touch and let's find the right solution to your challenge.